For better use and better management. The UNOFFICIAL Website of Toronto's Outdoor Skating Rinks
This letter was sent to the General Manager of PFR when we learned that the City was planning to delay rink openings.
I am shocked to see from the e-mail below that the city has postponed the rink openings for one week "due to the weather." We have years of documentation that good ice can be made at these temperatures in the low-sun month of November. There is no problem whatsoever with the weather as predicted. I would like to request that you test out our contention by starting Dufferin Rink on November 20 as planned.
Please let me know if you are willing to test this, or not. If the test is positive, as I believe it will be, you will be able to open the rinks on the date City Council directed you to open, next year. You'll note that the outdoor rink at Harbourfont is opening on Nov.20 and the outdoor rink at Central Park in New York is already open.
Not opening the rinks because the weather is as currently predicted, is a waste of our resources.